Here’s what we know as of today (updated 3/7/23):
Argentina is open for international tourism and all Covid-related entry requirements have been lifted.
- Covid vaccination is not required, although it is highly recommended.
- If you have proof of vaccination it is advised to travel with a copy.
- Covid tests are no longer required for entry into the country.
- Some trips, specifically Antarctica expeditions, do require PCR test in order to board. Please contact your trip specialist for details.
- Proof of insurance is not required but highly recommended.
View our Argentina trips here.
Chile is open for international tourism with these requirements:
- Vaccinated travelers must show their certificate of vaccination issued by their country of origin along with their identity documents (passport).
- OR, if you are unvaccinated, you must show a negative PCR test taken within 48 hours from your final flight into Chile.
- There are no requirements for travelers under the age of 18.
- Travel insurance is not mandatory but highly recommended.
Easter Island is gradually reopening with limited flights and the following entry requirements:
- Covid vaccination is required and proof must be shown at the airport.
- Single Entry Form (FUI) - https://ingresorapanui.interior.gob.cl/
- Online health follow-up 5 days after entering Easter Island.
- You may receive an antigen test upon arrival on Easter Island. Random tests between day 1 and day 5 of your trip may be requested.
View our Chile trips here.
The two points of departure for Antarctica cruises are Argentina and Chile. Depending on your specific trip you will need to follow the protocols of one or both countries. Also, some Antarctica cruises use charter flights to reach their port of embarkation so please contact your trip planner for exact details.
View our Antarctica trips here.
Peru is currently open to international travelers. There are no active Covid-related requirements to enter the country.
- Masks may be required on trains and public transportation, including the train to Machi Picchu, so please pack masks for the trip.
View our Peru trips here.
Ecuador & Galapagos Islands
Both the Ecuadorian mainland and Galapagos Islands are open to international visitors. The requirements to enter Ecuador are as follows:
- Covid vaccination or testing is NOT required to enter Ecuador.
- Please print and complete the Health Declaration Form, found here. You will present this form when you arrive into Ecuador. You may need to present it while boarding your international flight to Ecuador, so please complete it in advance.
- As of December 8, 2022, masks are mandatory in public spaces. Private establishments may require them and the Ministry of Public Health encourages their use.
- Travelers and residents arriving from India or Brazil, including those with a stopover or layover, are subject to a mandatory 10 day quarantine and must present a negative PCR test even if they have been vaccinated.
View our Galapagos Islands cruises and land tours here and our Ecuador mainland tours here.
Costa Rica is open and accepting visitors.
- Travelers to Costa Rica are not required to show proof of vaccination status or proof of a medical insurance policy to cover an COVID-19 related illness.
View our Costa Rica tours here.
Panama is open and accepting visitors.
- Travelers to Panama are not required to show proof of vaccination status or proof of a medical insurance policy to cover an COVID-19 related illness.
Colombia is open to international visitors. Travelers are required to fill out an online form within 72 hours of boarding your final flight arriving in Colombia.
Proof of complete vaccination is required to enter Colombia OR you may present (a) a negative antigen test taken within 48 hours of arrival, or, (b) a negative PCR test taken within 72 of arrival. Two special situations:
- Travelers with just one shot may enter as long as they present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of their flight departure.
- Travelers who completed their vaccination, but within 14 days of entry, may enter with a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of their flight departure.
Proof of vaccination may be required to enter any location with concentrated gatherings, including bars and restaurants.
View our Colombia tours here.
Uruguay is open to international visitors with the following protocols:
- Proof of health insurance effective in Uruguay for the duration of your stay is required for all foreign travelers entering Uruguay.
View our Uruguay tours here.
Brazil is currently open to international travelers with the following requirements:
- Fully vaccinated travelers will only need to show their vaccine card upon check-in at the airport for their international flight to Brazil.
- Applies to travelers 12+ years old only.
- To be considered fully vaccinated, the traveler must have received the final dose of the vaccine at least 14 days prior to boarding.
- Unvaccinated, or partially vaccinated, travelers must show a neagtive covid test (PCR or antigen) taken within one day of boarding their first flight enroute to Brazil.
- Test must be lab certified; no self-tests allowed.