Plan the trip of a lifetime to Peru with our well-traveled team of experts. Work closely with your Southern Explorations' travel specialist to build a first class tailor-made tour over the dates of your choice. Peru is undeniably one of Latin America’s most iconic destinations. The numerous civilizations that have called Peru home for thousands of years have left alluring remnants to delve into, while the seemingly endless fiestas, delightful handicrafts, and delectable cuisine make it one of the most well-rounded destinations on Earth. Explore the Best of Peru, including Machu Picchu, Inca Trail treks, the Amazon Rainforest, hiking in the Andes and other Peru Highlights.
We invite you to view our sample itineraries below, but looking to customize your travel? It's easy! Give us a call today at 206-784-8111.
Plan Your Custom Trip to Peru Today!
As the home of the world-renowned Machu Picchu, Peru is undeniably one of Latin America’s most iconic destinations. What some travelers may not fully appreciate though is the fact that, beyond Machu Picchu, Peru is also a wildlife mecca and cultural giant. The numerous civilizations that have called Peru home for thousands of years have left alluring remnants to delve into, while the seemingly endless fiestas, delightful handicrafts, and delectable cuisine make Peru one of the most well rounded destinations on Earth.
OUR FAVORITE PERU MOMENTS
• Pass through the Inti Punku, the “sun gate” from which you first take in Machu Picchu after completing the Inca Trail
• Hike up Huayna Picchu Peak, the iconic mountain rising through the clouds behind the Machu Picchu ruins, and get a condor’s-eye view of the UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Marvel at the precise and prolific ancient architecture from Cusco through the Sacred Valley
• Savor Peru’s culinary delights from delicious empanadas at the lively Pisac market to the mouth-watering ceviche dishes of eclectic Lima
• Witness the Uru people of Lake Titicaca build the extraordinary floating reed islands they live on
• Climb high above the jungle floor on the Amazon Rainforest canopy walkway on the lookout for orchids, toucans, monkeys and birds of prey
• Mountain bike, river-raft and zip-line across the striking Andean countryside
• Discover the fascinating pre-Incan history of the ancient and still thriving cities of Trujillo and Chiclayo